Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Good Stuff: August

I'm still in disbelief that it's already September.  I mean, I still feel like it's July, how did August just skip on right by?  Despite what felt like an extremely short month, there is definitely some Good Stuff to share.
  • Concerts.  Particularly country concerts.  On August 13th we attended the Brooks & Dunn: Last Rodeo tour.  It was supposed to be in June, and was a Mother's Day present I got for my mom, but got postponed due to Dunn being sick.  Although we could tell that he still wasn't feeling 100%, they put on an awesome show.  And it's their last tour as a duo.  So I'm pretty psyched we got to see them.

I'm a total sucker for concerts, and really wish we had the time and money to go to more.  I'm always keep my eyes peeled for shows in the area.
  • Finishing School.  Ok, so that's an exaggeration.  I finished the summer term.  And one of my master's degrees, Master's in Operations and Project Management.  I've still got 4 more classes to go until I have my MBA, but it's nice to have one under my belt, and to be soooo close to the end.  Also, it doesn't hurt that I have the next few weeks off.  And that I got an A.  But really, June 2011 can't come soon enough!
  • BBQs. We had a BBQ at our house with friends this month, something we hadn't done all summer.  I mean, what's better than breaking out the grill, having a few beers, and playing ladder ball with a few of your favorite people?  I'll tell you.  All of that, plus gummy worms soaked in coconut rum. Uh, yea. Delish. And dangerous.
  • Finding New Music.  It's been a long time since I've fallen for an artist I've never heard of before.  But, it happened.  At work, when the ipod is dead or I forget it, I'll listen to Yahoo! or AOL radio, and usually tune it to New Country, since I feel like any of the other country ones have all the same music I hear all the time.  And I heard a couple of songs from Brantley Gilbert.  Well, feeling impulsive, and ignoring the fact that maybe he should consider changing his last name, I came home and listened to some snippets on iTunes, and then coughed up the $9.99 for "Halfway to Heaven".  100% worth it.  Might even buy the other album.
  • This Picture.

I rarely have pictures of myself, since out of myself and B I'm the "photographer", and even when I do happen to get in a shot, I don't usually like it.  Our friend snapped this one at a wedding (congrats H&D!) and shockingly, we both look pretty good.  LOVE it.

No comments: