Thursday, May 5, 2011

Almost Race Day!

Saturday is the half marathon.

The one I've been training for, thinking about, obsessing over, since January.

Something like 1 day 9 hours and 42 minutes left.

I got in as much training as I could. Life got in the way sometimes, but I didn't lose focus.  How could I? I was racing to benefit kids like this:


I set out with a goal to raise $500.  Generous friends and family helped me hit that goal in almost no time once I started asking.  B told me if I was going to keep asking for donations, I had to raise my goal.

I moved it to $1,000, with hopes of being able to hit it, but if not, I still did my part.

As of tonight, I've raised $1,041 with another $25 check waiting for me at work.  Plus, I have a form so that B's mom's employer will match her $100 donation.  Friends, family, and co-workers have all donated.

I'm so beside myself with all the support I've gotten.  Thus far, it has been a pretty difficult year emotionally, but I can't help but smile when I think of the joy these donations will help bring to a child whose life has been difficult emotionally and physically.

I can't wait for Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on Saturday! So proud of you! Lots of Love & Hugs
Uncle Randy & Paula!