Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kitchen Renovation - Day 27: Priming and Prepping

It''s amazing what a little primer can do.


And while I was priming... I figured it was time to say farewell to the blue door:


And yes, that is probably the worst priming job I've ever done (and I'm not a very good primer anyway), but I didn't care. I was so excited to cover it up. It's all over the glass and I'll be cursing myself for being so careless when I have to scrape it off, but I don't care.  Cause the blue is gone. (From the kitchen.  There's still a team of 3 blue doors in the hall that I need to deal with.)

And while we're at it, might as well take care of another spot, from where the previous breakfast bar was taken out:


Now, we knew we needed to prime, and have been saying we're going to do it for at least a week, probably longer.  But we finally got around to it tonight, the night before the granite is installed.  Yet, we were completely unprepared:


That would be a piece of scrap from the molding being used as a paint.  And that "drop cloth" is leftover vapor barrier from when the insulation was put in.  Can't say we're not creative!

And, since this was all a quick last minute thing, I wasn't wearing my typical painting pants or one of my painting shirts.  I'm not the neatest painter when it comes to keeping myself clean.


Yea, I got a little on my shorts in a moment of panic when I had some drips on the tile.  Whatevs.

Tomorrow...it'll all come together with the counters.  I. Cannot. Wait.  Too bad B will be home for install and I'll either be stuck at work late, or working on a group project for school so I won't even get to see them for hours!

I've got my fingers crossed that they'll be beautiful.  I might be holding my breath too...
Not that I'm nervous about it or anything...

No comments: