Monday, May 24, 2010

Kitchen Renovation - Counter Template

The counter has been templated. Or however you want to say it.  I wasn't home, but B informed me they brought in a LASER to template it.  A little more high tech than the pieces of wood glued together that we saw in the video when we went to pick out our slab, that's for sure.

So here's the laser:


Apparently he shot to laser each direction, and everything is computerized.  We're getting about 47 feet of granite.  B was talking to the guy that was doing the measuring, and apparently he just came from a house where he measured 100 feet of granite! And get this... the granite the woman was having installed, $183 a square foot!  Yea, I think you can all handle the math on that one.  It sure makes our 47 square feet, at $50 something a square foot seem cheap!!

And I guess this is what M did all day...


Yea, she's lazy.

B is going to call tomorrow to ask when they will be installing the counters, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a surprise quick turnaround!  But not too quick...since I still need to get around to priming the walls...

No comments: